Ray L. Gifford, President of CLI, has a full-time job as head of the Communications, Internet and Intellectual Property practice area at the law firm of Kamlet Reichert in Denver, CO.
From 2003 to 2006 he was President of the Progress and Freedom Foundation, a Washington, D.C.-based think tank that focuses on studying the digital revolution and its effects on law and public policy. From 1999-2003, Mr. Gifford served as Chairman of the Colorado Public Utilities Commission, and before that, he served as First Assistant Attorney General in the Regulatory Law Section under then-Colorado Attorney General Gale Norton.
His expertise lies in public utilities law, principally telecommunications and energy, and in competition law and policy and intellectual property law.
Admissions & Professional Associations
- Chairman, Federalist Society Telecommunications Practice Group
- Adjunct Professor, University of Colorado Law School
- Member, American Law Institute
- JD, University of Chicago
- B.A., St. John’s College, Annapolis, Maryland
- Policy publications and blogs can be found here
- A complete list of publications and presentations can be found
Resume | Publications | Presentations